Holme Grange is a two acre gravel irrigation reservoir that offers fantastic Specimen Carp, Roach, Perch and Tench fishing for anglers of all abilities in a beautifully landscaped environment. The lake has been stocked with around 200 carp between 8-30lb, these are made up of original fish to 25lb and new stock fish to 30lbs in 2021. The roach have always been exceptional with specimens pushing 3lb and the tench and perch providing constant action on the float and feeder. Holme Grange is ideal for angling socials, tuition events, competitions, product testing and launch events.
Stocked with some of the best British strains in the UK: 200 carp between 8-30lb+ with nothing smaller than 8lb present in the lake.
Over 7 years we have hand-picked and grown on our fish farming sites some terrific strains and we will introduce fish to compliment the stock when needed for the next generation to enjoy!
This lake is already renowned for it’s stalking in the edge with pellet, with many good anglers experiencing the stock up close and personal feeding on little spots in the edge and this lake is somewhere the quiet, patient and observant angler catches close in at the margins lowering bait into the bubbles.
The fish have proven very good year round so far so don’t be put off by a drop in temperature as the winter carp fishing here has been exceptional. The specimen roach and perch fishing is worth exploring especially to take advantage of the winter season action when other fisheries are feeling the cold.
We offer exclusive lake bookings for groups and match anglers for 24hours giving each angler over ¼ acre each of water or you can book overnight sessions 24hr sessions per person in advance.
Venue opens all year round.
Holme Grange Fishery Lakeside Shop sells a good range of bait, tackle and accessories as well as hot & cold drinks, hot & cold food and snacks.
Orders can be taken on the spot or in advance to be collected at the time required. Check out the ‘FOOD SPECIALS’ board by the shop for current hot food available including homemade meals, burgers, breakfast baps, bacon rolls etc.
You can also hire selected items of tackle for day sessions.
Opening times 7am to 7pm. Revised hours in the Winter from November to February. Gates are locked outside these hours.
Day ticket to be purchased on arrival before fishing commences
All payments are made by cash only / we are adding card facilities onsite in time.
Adult (16-65 years)
1 Rod £12
2 Rod £16
1 Rod £10
Overnight £20 (4pm to 8am) 2 rods
24hr ticket £27 (2 rods)
If booking an overnight/24hr we require a 50% deposit to secure, all bookings paid within 24hrs of session.
Places will not be held until the deposit is received.
Day Time Non Angling Guest £10 ( max 1 per angler, no junior guests allowed)
Minimum Age onsite 5 years old.
All anglers up to 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Please Note: No children under 7 are permitted to night fish. Children aged between 7-11 years can only night fish with a parent or guardian. Children aged between 12 & 17 must be accompanied by an adult. Proof of age and ID will be required where appropriate. No non fishing guests allowed overnight.
All anglers are required to purchase a ticket from the cabin before entering the lake. If in the unlikely event there are no staff on site when you arrive, you may enter the lake and start fishing. The bailiff will visit you on their return to issue you a ticket and take payment.
Holme Grange Fishery
(next door to the Crooked Billet Pub)
Holme Grange Fishery accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any customers own property and/or belongings including but not withstanding any fishing tackle, bait, equipment, clothing, money or any item belonging to or owned by them or their guests whether on their person or at their swim whilst on the lake or in their vehicle whilst in the car park, or any damage to any vehicle whilst in the car park or within the complex, however caused. Holme Grange Fishery cannot be held responsible in respect of any personal injury caused through your own negligence or lack of self-control. All persons entering the lake are expected to have any relevant insurances for vehicles, belongs etc.
* All anglers require a valid Environment Agency (EA) rod licence.
* You must be in possession of a valid ticket which can only be purchased from the lake shop or from the bailiff on the day if the shop is closed.
* Tickets are non transferable and are valid for the day on which purchased only
* All anglers must be in possession of their own unhooking mat, landing net and carp care kit.
Should you not have these items hire of equipment is available at additional cost.
* No non fishing juniors allowed
* WITHOUT FAIL All nets must be dipped and mats & stink bags sprayed before and after fishing.
* A 36 inch landing net is required by all anglers. Additional smaller nets may be used to net the smaller fish but a 36 inch is required to cater for larger carp in the lake.
* Minimum size unhooking mat 50cm x 90cm with at least 1 inch thick padded base.
* All anglers are required to carry a fish care kit and are expected to administer to all fish with any damage. All are available for hire onsite should your kit be too small.
* Rods must not be left unattended at any time.
* A maximum of 2 rods are allowed
* No keep nets to be used unless in an organised match.
* No fish to be sacked or retained
* Fishery approved feed pellets only to be used for baiting, available in shop.
Only our own brand of pellets for feeding – these can only be purchased from onsite Shop
This is so we can monitor fish growth rates and health; these pellets are fed to fish regularly.
Hook Pellets -Any type of hook pellets may be used (not as feed)
* Barbed hooks only. Under no circumstances are barbless to be used
* No fly fishing
* No bait boats.
* No braided main lines.
* No Leaders of any kind.
* No fixed leads or feeders. They must be running and able to drop off if mainline breaks.
* No fires. No on the ground BBQ’s, alcohol in moderation only. No drugs. No radios. No bikes.
* Dogs allowed as long as they are on a lead and all mess is cleared up and taken away
No children under the age of 5
* No night time spectators without a full priced ticket. No concessions for overnight tickets.
* No litter – PLEASE take your litter home. This includes unwanted tackle. Please do not leave broken equipment behind.
* Only fishing bivvies and brollies are allowed to be used as day / overnight shelters. Camping tents / garden gazebos etc are not allowed.
* All fish must be returned to the lake immediately after being caught.
* Handle fish with care. Do not stand up with them or leave them unattended at any time. Take photos low to ground over your unhooking mat. If struggling to handle return them to lake immediately.
* No fish are to be removed from the lake or killed.
* Do not swim, paddle or wade in the lake.
* Please take note of any warning signs around the lake.
* Portaloo toilet facilities are available on adjacent land at the entrance to the disabled swim and near to the car park.
* Please be aware of all other anglers and show respect and courtesy to one and other at all times.